Are you interested in the finance and business field and good with computers? Do you enjoy talking to people and have strong listening skills?
Then you may be a good fit for Job Corps’ Office Administration training program.
On the job you will ...
- Manage databases, records and documents
- Schedule meetings and send communications via e-mail
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Prepare memos, invoices or reports
- Communicate with team member or clients over the phone, via e-mail or in person
Some of the career options you will have ...
Most Office Administration graduates go to work full time in both large and small offices. Although secretaries and administrative assistants work in nearly every industry, many are concentrated in schools, hospitals, government agencies, and legal and medical offices.
The credentials you will earn ...
In the Office Administration training program, you will earn industry-recognized credentials from organizations.
Students should also earn a state-issued learner’s permit and driver’s license upon completion of the program.
What you’ll need to start training ...
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (can be earned at all Job Corps centers)
- Completion of all introductory and career preparation courses
- Passing scores on all written and performance tests
- Meet academic (math and reading) requirements
- Compliance with state requirements that may involve a criminal background check, and completion of a training program meeting federal content requirements